Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
Learn More About the Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Our Directory of Palm Beach Bioidentical Hormone Doctors offer bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to men and women suffering from hormonal imbalances. Bioidentical hormones are identical in chemical and molecular structure and function to the hormones produced in the human body, and for this reason, they can be easily used and metabolized.
Typically, hormones begin to decline beginning in a man or woman’s thirties and forties, and this decline becomes more noticeable during the late forties or fifties. Palm Beach Florida Bioidentical Hormone Doctors offer customized bioidentical hormone prescriptions, which provide numerous benefits to both men and women. Some of the benefits that be obtained with bioidentical hormones include:
- Increased Libido & Sexual Function
- In men, signs of low testosterone can start with a lack of desire for sexual activity, which is followed by a loss of involuntary morning erections, and over time, reduced testosterone can lead to erectile dysfunction. Balancing testosterone with bioidentical hormones can restore libido and improve sexual function. In women, reduced hormone levels can lead to vaginal dryness, inability to climax, and lack of desire. While these symptoms can occur at any time, they are most common during the times of perimenopause and menopause; however, restoring estrogen and progesterone with bioidentical hormones can help women to regain desire and improve sexual function.
- Weight Loss
- In men, low testosterone can lead to a reduced metabolism, which can increase body fat. Higher levels of fat increase estrogen, which can suppress testosterone. Reduced levels of testosterone can continue the cycle of increasing fat and estrogen and suppressing testosterone. Balancing testosterone with bioidentical hormones can stop this vicious cycle and help men to lose body fat, while increasing testosterone. In women, imbalances with estrogen and progesterone can usually lead to weight loss resistance. Low levels of estrogen may cause the body to retain body fat because it contains estrogen, and low progesterone can cause bloating and water retention because it is a natural diuretic. Balancing estrogen and progesterone with bioidentical hormones can help women to overcome weight loss resistance and retain a healthy weight.
- Healthier Moods
- In both men and women, hormones help to raise levels of endorphins, which can greatly benefit moods. In men, having balanced levels of testosterone can improve motivation, reduce anger, and decrease depression. In women, balanced levels of estrogen and progesterone may increase GABA receptors, which transmit feelings of calmness. Without healthy amounts of estrogen and progesterone, women may experience increased anger, anxiety, depression, and sadness.
- More Youthful Appearance
- Testosterone is in both women and men, and it can help muscle to stay firm and prevent muscle atrophy and flabbiness. During hormone decline, most men lose around 12-15 pounds of muscle mass, and women also lose muscle tone and become flabbier. Estrogen can promote the production of collagen in both women and men, which helps to keep the skin youthful and elastic. It can also help women to maintain breast fullness, lustrous hair and nails, and wrinkle free skin.
- Improved Sleep
- Both men and women can have improved sleep cycles with bioidentical hormones. Insomnia, trouble falling asleep, or issues staying asleep can be attributed to hormonal deficiencies, and this can happen because a lack of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone can decrease serotonin levels, which helps to promote sleep. Balancing hormones can benefit sleep cycles and help men and women to feel well rested.
- Increased Energy
- For men and women, balanced hormones allows blood sugar to be processed effectively, and the body can get optimal amounts of energy from food. Testosterone can help to increase red blood cells, which are needed to carry oxygen to different parts of the body, and adequate testosterone levels may increase workout performances, stamina, and endurance. Restoring hormone balance with bioidentical hormones can help to increase energy and improve overall level of health.
Find Local Palm Beach Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You